Cabinet Mountain Water seeking system operator
August 30, 2022
Cabinet Mountains Water District is seeking a skilled and experienced operator. Possession of Class 1 Treatment (DWT-1) and Class 2 Distribution (DWD-2) licenses is preferred. The successful applicant will be a self-motivated individual who can work independently and have the following skills:
• The ability to operate and maintain a water system with numerous pressure zones and over 900 customers in a large rural service area.
• Excellent customer service attitude and response to complaints and issues in a timely manner.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other computer programs required for operations.
• Work well with customers, contractors, the District Board, other municipalities, and under the direct supervision of the District Manager.
• Be able to understand and interpret water system mapping and engineering plans.
• Locate and mark underground water mains and other infrastructure.
• Complete necessary duties including required water testing, record keeping, pump and motor maintenance, meter replacements, meter reading, troubleshooting, and other duties to keep system operating.
• Identify equipment and tools required for each assigned task.
• Ability to operate digging equipment and drive utility truck with trailer.
• Utilize proper safety protocols related to all work performed.
• Perform on-call/standby duties as assigned and required.
While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus, and distinguish colors. Work in confined spaces and open ditches as well as all weather conditions is required.
Must reside in Boundary County and be willing to move to within the boundaries set by the Board of Directors within three months of being hired.
CMWD will consider responsible and dependable candidates that are mechanically inclined, safety conscious, detail oriented, conscientious, possess a positive attitude and are willing to take training and courses necessary for certification and operation.
A valid driver’s license with clean record and background check is required. A work truck and cell phone will be provided for 24/7 use, however it is to be used for District purposes only. No smoking is allowed in district owned vehicles, equipment, or buildings. There will be a probation period of 9 months during which evaluations will be completed to determine if job requirements are being met.
This is a full time position forty (40) flexible hours per week. The hourly wage rangeis $18 to $22 per hour/ DOE. This position requires some weekend shifts, possibly an alternative shift such as working weekends with days off during the week and being on-call for emergencies. High school diploma or GED is required. Benefits include PERSI retirement and paid vacation after one year of employment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a current resume, a list of three professional references and your work history by September 30, 2022.
The documents can be submitted in person at Youngwirth, Davis and Associates’ office located at 7193 Main Street, Bonners Ferry Idaho or emailed to Denise@ydacpa.com. If mail or fax is preferred, they can be mailed to Cabinet Mountains Water District, PO Box 1223, Bonners Ferry, Idaho 83805 or fax to (208) 267-3515.
Mike Weland, Publisher
6931 Main St.
P.O. Box 1625
Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
A 9B Media LLC publication
Sign up for breaking