Cabinet Mountain Water seeking system operator
November 17, 2022
Cabinet Mountains Water District is seeking a water system operator. CMWD will consider responsible and dependable candidates that are mechanically inclined, hardworking, safety conscious, detail oriented, possess a positive attitude and are willing to take training and courses necessary for certification and operation.This is a full-time position 40 flexible hours per week with an hourly wage range from$18 to $22 per hour/ DOE.
This position requires some weekend shifts, possibly an alternative shift such as working weekends with days off during the week and being on-call for emergencies. High school diploma or GED is required. Benefits include PERSI retirement, six paid holidays and paid vacation after one year of employment.
The successful applicant will be a self-motivated individual that can work independently and have the following attributes:
• Excellent customer service attitude and response to complaints and issues in a timely manner.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and general computer skills necessary for operations.
• Works well with customers, contractors, the District Board, and under the direct supervision of the District Manager.
• Be able to understand and interpret water system mapping and engineering drawings.
• Have good record keeping, troubleshooting, and communication skills
• Identify equipment and tools required for each assigned task.
• Ability to operate digging equipment and drive utility truck with trailer.
• Utilize proper safety protocols related to all work performed.
• Perform on-call/standby duties as assigned and required.
Work in confined spaces and open ditches as well as all weather conditions is required.
Must reside in Boundary County and be willing to move to within the boundaries set by the board of directors within three months of being hired.
A valid driver’s license with clean record and background check is required. A work truck and cell phone will be provided for 24/7 use, to be used for district purposes only. No smoking is allowed in district owned vehicles, equipment or buildings.
There will be a probation period of nine months during which evaluations will be completed to determine if job requirements are being met. Possession of Class 2 Distribution (DWD-2) and Class 1 Treatment (DWT-1) licenses is preferred but may be acquired after hiring.
To view full details and how to apply, please login https://idahoworks.gov/usr/sign_in or create a Job Seeker account.
Mike Weland, Publisher
6931 Main St.
P.O. Box 1625
Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
A 9B Media LLC publication
Sign up for breaking