ITD seeking comment on seven-year plan
July 1, 2022
Projects can range from large-scale interstate improvements to smaller projects like the installation of a new guardrail. In all, the draft ITIP includes projects in all 44 counties and all modes of transportation. Projects were selected based on technical data, as well as input from local officials and residents.
A complete breakdown of the draft plan can be found at itd.idaho.gov/funding.
Projects newly funded in North Idaho with this update include:
• Resurfacing U.S. Highway 95 from Bonners Ferry to Three Mile Junction in 2029.
• Resurfacing State Highway 53 from the state line to Hauser Lake Road in 2024 to keep conditions acceptable until more robust repairs and expansion in 2027.
Other changes include:
• Resurfacing of I-90 between Osburn and Wallace was advanced four years for construction in 2023. Download a photo.
• Widening of U.S. Highway 2 underneath a railroad overpass in Sandpoint was moved up to 2023 from 2026.
• The project to expand U.S. Highway 95 south of Coeur d’Alene and modify access at the Lincoln Way/Walnut Avenue intersection was rescheduled for construction in 2024 rather than 2026.
• Resurfacing State Highway 54 from State Highway 41 to U.S. Highway 95 is now funded for 2024 instead of 2027.
Comments will be taken from July 1-31 and can be e-mailed to ITDcommunication@itd.idaho.gov or mailed to: ITIP – Comments, Attn: Office of Communication, P.O. Box 7129, Boise, ID 83707.
Paper copies of the ITIP will be provided upon request by contacting the Idaho Transportation Department (208) 334-8119.
All comments will be reviewed, incorporated into the ITIP where appropriate, and responses will be sent in September once the comment period has ended.
After approval by the Idaho Transportation Board in September, the ITIP will then be submitted to the Federal Highway Administration, the Federal Transit Administration, and the Environmental Protection Agency in October.
Mike Weland, Publisher
6931 Main St.
P.O. Box 1625
Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
A 9B Media LLC publication
Sign up for breaking