BFHS 2022 volleyball season information
|July 27, 2022|
Welcome athletes and parents to the 2022 fall volleyball season! We hope everyone is as excited about our upcoming season as we are!!! Below are some key dates/information to help everyone plan for the upcoming weeks as we host try-outs, conduct practices, and eventually begin our season with our first round of games August 25!
• Sunday, July 31, 4-6 p.m.: BFHS, Open Gym (last one prior to try-outs)
• August 1-7: IHSAA Athlete no-contact period. Athletic packets will be available for pick-up at BFHS this entire week; athletes/parents are encouraged to stop by, grab a packet, fill-out/sign applicable forms, and have athletes bring their completed packets to the first day of practice on August 8. As a reminder, athletes will also need to purchase an ASB card as well as pay for a drug test to occur at some point during the season. Coaches are not allowed to be in contact with athletes this week, so take advantage of this time to get paperwork completed and get athletes ready for the following
• August 2: Free Physicals at Boundary County Hospital, 5-7 p.m. All incoming freshman, juniors and any athlete who does not have a current physical on file with BFHS (physicals are only good for two years) must submit a current physical prior to beginning any try-outs/practices. We encourage parents/athletes to take advantage of this free physical; all forms (to include the physical) are available at this event, so parents can get all paperwork done and submitted prior to the start of the season. Even if your athlete doesn’t need a physical, this is a good event to attend to complete all paperwork and pay for an ASB card/drug test prior to the start of the season.
• August 8-12: Try-outs, 7-9 a.m., BFHS Gym. We know fair is also this week; we have scheduled early, shortened practice sessions knowing that most fair events do not occur during this time, however we also know that there will be a few exceptions. Athletes need to communicate with coaches if they are not going to be at try-outs on certain days. Also, athletes MUST HAVE an updated physical, complete the Medical Emergency Authorization Form, and have medical insurance prior to the start of tryouts August 8. Paperwork can be turned-in that morning. If a student does not have insurance, parents can see this year’s rates at BCSD101.com (click on Parents & Students, then student insurance -HSR) and can sign up through www.K12studentinsurance.com. By the end of this week, August 12, teams willl be identified, which will allow athletes/parents to plan accordingly.
• August 15-24: V/JV/C Team practice, 7:30-9 a.m. JV/V additional practice 4:30-6 p.m. At this time, C Team will only attend the morning practice session. This is for weekdays only, no practices will be held on Saturday/Sunday during this time. This practice schedule may change slightly (we are still hiring coaches) – we will make sure all athletes/parents are made aware of changes well in advance to allow you to plan accordingly.
• August 15: Parent Meeting, BFHS Commons, 6 p.m. This event is mandatory for all athletes and at least one parent/guardian. Any athlete/parent/guardian who cannot attend must make prior coordination with coaches.
• August 20: Car wash, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Columbia Bank. This event is mandatory for all athletes unless prior coordination is made with coaches. This is one of our main fundraising events for the year that impacts our ability to buy equipment and uniforms for our teams.
• August 25: C/JV/V games at Kellogg, 4/5:30/7 p.m. Bus time 12:30 p.m. (T). See BFBadgers.com for the complete schedule of games for the remainder of the season.
• August 29: C/JV/V games at Stillwater Christian Academy, Kalispell, Montana, 3/4:30/6 p.m. Bus time TBD.
• September 1: C/JV/V games at Libby, 3:15/4:45/6:15 p.m. Bus time TBD.
• September 3: C/JV/V games at Sandpoint, noon/1:30/3 p.m. Bus time TBD.
• September 5: Labor Day, no practice.
• September 6: First day of school! Practices will be from 4:15 to 6 p.m. on school days
Lastly, for all athletes/parents, we send out information through our Facebook private page, BFHS Volleyball 2022, as well as through the Signal App. Please contact a coach if you need assistance joining either one or both of these apps so that you can receive the latest information and reminders throughout the season. At a minimum, we require athletes who have access to a smart phone or device to have access to the Signal App to allow them to take ownership and have responsibility for themselves during their season.
More information will be discussed at the Parent Meeting and as the season progresses; we hope this initial information helps Athletes and Parents plan for the month of August leading up to the first day of school. If you have any questions, please contact Cynthia Cummings at 803-546-7638 or Teresa Rae at 208-946-6582, and we will help you out and hopefully address any of your concerns. We are EXCITED about this season, GO BADGER VOLLEYBALL!!
Mike Weland, Publisher
6931 Main St.
P.O. Box 1625
Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
A 9B Media LLC publication
Sign up for breaking