Family in Friday fire lost everything

A Moyie Springs family stopped at the store on their way home Friday so they could spend the weekend at home, but when Rae Stindt opened the door of their Bunny Lane home, he was met with a wall of smoke as air poured in and a fire that had apparently been smoldering shot into the attic from behind a wall in the kitchen.

Curley Creek firefighters were quick to respond and held fire damage to a minimum, but there was nothing they could do for the extensive smoke damage and the home and its contents were declared a total loss.

Rae and Julie Stindt and their three children; daughters Kiki, who just turned five, and Cece, who will be four next month, and little brother Jax, who is 18 months old.

The girls wear size 9 and 10 shoes and dress sizes 4 and five and Jax wears a size 4 toddler’s shoe and boys size 18-24 month clothes. They need socks and underwear as well.

The Red Cross has put the family up in a local motel and they are at the top of the list for one of Jimmy and Brenda Ball’s rental, and the family is looking to set up a camper to bide them over until more suitable options can be found. Once they do find a place, they’ll need household furnishings, kitchenware, beds and mattresses … all it takes to make a home.

A GoFundMe account has been set up and donations can also be mailed to Rae Stindt, 277 Fitzpatrick Road, Bonners Ferry, ID 83805.

Rae’s grandmother, Linda Stockwell, is doing all she can to get the family on their feet, to learn more or to arrange drop off or collection of donations, call (208) 304-0539.